Saturday, August 2, 2008

Walgreens - Speedstick Deal (8/3)


I found one potentially good deal at Walgreens this week.  If you buy 8 SpeedStick or Lady SpeedStick Deodorants @ 1.99 each, total = 15.92.  Use four .75 off 2 coupons from the 7/27 Smartsource.  You'll then pay 12.92 and you'll get back a $10 register reward (coupon that prints at the checkout for use on your next order).  So you'll net only 2.92 for 8 deodorants which is .37 a piece.  This does NOT include the 24/7 varieties.

You then might be able to turn around and use the $10 reward to do the deal again (if you have enough coupons) and this time only pay 2.92 and get back another $10 reward.  Sometimes Walgreens systems are set up weird and won't allow you to use the reward and get another reward back, but this one may work, we'll just have to see!

6 comments:

Joan J said...

I just found your web site and I'm so excited to find info on being frugal in Cincy (I'm in West Chester). Thanks for all you're doing -- I'm sure I'll be back often!

Unknown said...

I don't think you can pay with a register reward and get a register reward. I have not tried this but this is what the Walgreen head office told me.

Anonymous said...

You can't use a RR generated from one deal to roll into a second transaction for the same deal. The RR will not print on the second transaction. You can use a RR from an entirely different product though & it will then generate a RR. Best bet is to have RRs from 2 different products & roll deals between RRs. For example, you would pay with RR generated from a diaper deal for shampoo & pay with the RR from the shampoo deal to pay for diapers, etc.

Anonymous said...

just curious where you're seeing that the 8 speedstick will generate a $10 RR? i looked at the online ad and didn't see it. i saw where they're advertised for $1.99 each...but didn't see anything about getting a $10 RR when you buy 8. you're the second person i saw post about this though, so i must be missing something! help! :)

tiffanie@welikemoney.com

Jamie said...

It's on page 16 and included in the buy 4 get $4 or buy 8 or more and get $10 deal along with Colgate, Irish Spring and Softsoap. I hope that helps!

Anonymous: Thanks for the info. I rarely make it into Walgreens, so any help is appreciated!

Shayleen Lunt said...

My Walgreens deal:
2 Special K cereal
2 Smart Source cereal
2 Nutrigrain cereal bars
2 Raisen Bran
2 Pop Tarts
That will make the total $24.
Use five of the coupons from this week's paper (I think from the P&G insert). Brings to total down to $19.
I then have a three dollar off ten dollar purchase because there is a grand opening of a new Walgreen's near my house. So now the total is $16.
This will print out a $5 coupon for my next purchase.
I'll also send it for the $10 rebate through Kellogs.
So...All of those things listed above for $1!!!