Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Family Fun Day - An Update




This was taken during our nature walk in the field and trails behind our house. It was pretty muddy after a day of rain so we had on our old pants and shoes, but it was so beautiful and sunny out and we found lots of leaves to make rubbings and cards with. It was very nice and very frugal!!

Here's my pie. It turned out very delicious!! I used the recipe on the back of the can of pumpkin from Aldi's. It was

1 15oz can of pumpkin

2 eggs slightly beaten

1 cup of brown sugar (it says you can use white sugar if you want to)

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp nutmeg

2 tsps cinnamon

1 can evaporated milk (12oz)

1 9-in unbaked pie crust

You just mix all the ingredients and pour into the unbaked crust. Bake at 425 for 15 and then at 350 for 45 minutes. It really was delicious. We all enjoyed it!!


And here's the kids with their carved pumpkins. My son chose Mater from Cars and my daughter chose Pluto!!

Overall it was a very nice day. We did all of our "scheduled" activities and enjoyed some yummy food. I would definitely recommend a day like this when life is just crazy and you want to take time to be with the ones you love. It's so worth the $20 bucks!!

Yay, I got all three of my posts done tonight!! If you haven't seen the other two yet, just keep scrolling down!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to give that one a try! The pumpkins turned out great!

Dr. Mom said...

That is one of the best looking pumpkin pies I have ever seen. I am going to have to try your recipe!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

OK, that pie looks so perfect, it looks fake! That wouldn't have stopped me eating it though :-) Your kidlets are a-dorable! What a fun day!

AmyW said...

That is the most beautiful pumpkin pie i have ever seen!
mmmm Makes me hungry for one!

thanks for the tip on Aldi's - i went today and got some great deals on basics ( and a splurge for myself!) along with our $1.99pumpkins! There were only 5 left!